Newcastle Tandem Skydive, NSW
The Adrenalin Of Beach Skydiving
It doesn’t matter whether it’s their very first jump or their tenth, this incredibly beautiful, fun and truly unique skydiving experience over the stunning Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region is unlike any other. Being the closest skydive to the Newcastle coast, jumping from the highest possible altitude in Australia of 15,000 feet, in the super safe hands of some of Australia’s most experienced skydivers (who sometimes jump 11 times in one day!), they will really experience and unforgettable adventure.
On their chosen Saturday or Sunday, your gift-ee will make their way just half an hour from Newcastle city, at Belmont Airport, Blacksmiths Beach, where they will begin their journey with a full and thorough safety briefing – letting them know everything for a safe and exhilarating experience! Their instructor will be there the whole way from beginning to end, enthusiastically guiding them through the jump.
It all starts to become real once they take off in their plane, rising high above the extraordinary scenery below – witnessing views not seen by many before. And as the adrenalin builds, with their tandem instructor right there with them, they will make the incredible leap from 15,000 feet – first encountering 60 mind-blowing seconds of freefall, before the euphoria hits, and they float for 5-7 minutes under the canopy, all the way to the ground.
The awesome Newcastle skydive includes:
- 1 tandem skydive over the stunning Lake Macquarie and Newcastle region on a weekend day of their choice
- A certificate with their name to prove to their pals they really did it!
- A bumper sticker and loyalty card (for more proof)
- Membership for 3 months to the Australian Parachute Federation
A few tips and guidelines for a great day
- They should wear sneakers and loose clothing to their jump, but special jumping pants will be given, as will some gloves and fleece for those cold days
- They must not have gone for a scuba dive for 24 hours, or consumed alcohol or drugs for 8 hours
- There is no upper age limit, but they must be a minimum of 16
- There is a surcharge for those over 95kg, and additional charges may apply on arrival. Max weight limit is 115kg.
- Due to unpredictable weather, they may have to wait for favourable conditions on the day
Everything But Flowers experience vouchers are redeemable directly with the experience provider with full details provided upon purchase. Recipients have 3 years to use the full value of the voucher.