Yarra Valley Tandem Skydive, VIC
See The Yarra Valley From The Skies
With the gorgeous Yarra Ranges and the vineyards of the Yarra Valley, our Yarra Valley Weekend Tandem Skydive experience for one person is a truly unique way to see breath-taking countryside. Leaping out of a plane at 14,000 feet with Australia’s best instructors (who can do up to 11 jumps a day!), they will see Victoria from an often unseen perspective – even witnessing Melbourne cityscape in the distance.
Their take off point is located at Lilydale Airport in historic Lilydate – only 45 minutes from Melbourne by car. Your gift recipient has the option of sitting back and relaxing by jumping on a free transfer from Melbourne or St Kilda, which must be booked ahead of time. Once there, the adventure will start with a safety briefing, ensuring for the safest and most incredible tandem skydive, before heading to the plane.
On their way up to Australia’s highest tandem altitude of 14,000 feet, they will gape at the breath-taking scenery below them, before the countdown to the leap of their life begins. Their instructor will send them jumping out of the plane – first freefalling at 200km/h for around 60 incredible seconds, and then releasing the parachute so they can breathe again – floating for around 5-7 minutes under the canopy back down to terra firma.
The Yarra Valley Weekend Tandem Skydive includes:
- 1 tandem skydive experience over the Yarra Valley on either a Saturday or Sunday
- 1 return transfer from St Kilda or Melbourne (bookings essential)
- 1 certificate of achievement with their name on it
- 1 membership to the Australian Parachute Federation for 3-months
- 1 loyalty card and 1 bumper sticker
Tips and rules for the best day:
- Wear loose clothes and sneakers – they will be given jumping pants and warm items for colder days
- Age limit is 12 years and above – no upper limit, but must be reasonably fit
- No scuba diving 24 hours before, no consumption of alcohol or drugs for 8 hours before
- People weighing 95kg or more will have to pay a fee, and people weighing 110kg or more are subject to assessment
- They may need to wait for the ideal weather on the day
Everything But Flowers experience vouchers are redeemable directly with the experience provider with full details provided upon purchase. Recipients have 3 years to use the full value of the voucher.