Great Ocean Road Tandem Skydive, VIC
Tandem Skydive With Stunning Views
With tourists travelling from all over the world to witness the incredible beauty that is the Great Ocean Road, this skydive experience gives one person the chance to see it from a different and truly unique perspective – from 12,000ft in the sky! And with Australia’s best tandem skydiving instructors – so experienced they can do up to 11 dives a day – your gift recipient will be in the safest hands, jumping out at such great heights during this unforgettable adventure.
Located only 1.5 scenic hours by car from Melbourne city, divers will meet at Barwon Heads Airport in Conneware for their incredible leap. The option of a free daily transfer to and from Melbourne is available, but it essential bookings are made in advance. Before they make their way into the skies, there will first be a safety briefing and a meeting of their tandem instructor – who will stick (literally!) with them from the beginning to the very end.
The plane ride itself is an incredible experience – soaring up to the 12,000ft altitude looking down on spectacular scenery. Before long, they will reach maximum height and their instructor will start preparing them for the leap of their lifetime! The jump will begin with a fabulous short burst of freefall, and before they know it, the chute is out and they are relaxing through the float all the way back to earth – spying the likes of Geelong, Torquay, Bells Beach and Barwon Heads from a perspective not seen by many.
Their dive over the Victoria’s stunning coastline includes:
- A tandem skydive over the Great Ocean Road – on a weekend day of their choice
- Transfers to and from Melbourne at no extra cost (bookings must be done in advance – limited seats)
- A personalised certificate for their achievements
- A three-month Australian Parachute Federation membership
- A bumper sticker and loyalty card
Guidelines and advice for the day
- Arrive in loose clothing and sneakers for the ultimate comfort – jumping pants will be provided along with fleece and gloves for those cold Victorian days
- They are not to scuba dive 24 hours prior, and not to drink or take drugs 8 hours prior
- There is no maximum age limit, but all skydivers must be 12 years and up
- Those who weigh 95kg and up will incur a fee, and over 110kg will need a safety assessment before they can skydive
- Be mindful that weather is unpredictable, so waiting around on the day can sometimes happen
Everything But Flowers experience vouchers are redeemable directly with the experience provider with full details provided upon purchase. Recipients have 3 years to use the full value of the voucher.