Slumber Safari x 1 Child, MEL
Children Minimum Age 8
SKU code: SSC
or 4 payments of $48.75 with Learn more
Kids love animals - take those majestic African creatures out of the books and into real life with an overnight experience that is interactive, educational and seriously fun!
Looking for an unforgettable experience for the kids that is both educational and loads of fun? This could be exactly what you have been looking for. The Slumber Safari adventure is a unique escape, where young people from 8 years of age can have seriously close encounters and exclusive viewing opportunities of the animals of the African savannah with an off-road safari and overnight adventure! Located only 30 minutes from Melbourne city, it doesn’t get any easier when sorting those school holiday activities.
Included in this adventure package is:
- 2 days entry to the Zoo
- Dinner inspired by African flavours and a breakfast buffet
- Up close and personal animal viewing and encounters
- Glamping style accommodation
- 15% off in the Zoo shop
The African inspired dinner will be a great way for them to try new flavours, and get a more holistic safari experience. Following this, there will be night activities such as a night walk, complete with any kids favourite; toasting marshmallows around the campfire, before finishing it all up with some scones with jam and cream.
They won’t miss any of the comforts of home with this unique glamping accommodation – the tented lodges that sleep up to 5 are complete with beds, fans, electric blankets, an en-suite, and even a private balcony! With this overlooking the Werribee river and the Zoo’s African savannah below, they can watch the animals from the privacy of their own balcony during any free time.
A buffet breakfast will be enjoyed in the Safari Dining Lodge while watching the animals below waking up and performing their morning rituals! Both educational and fun, this unique and unforgettable Slumber Safari experience will be truly adored by any young person. It will hopefully inspire them to go on to see these incredible creatures in the wild one day!
Our experience vouchers are available in your inbox as soon as you make the purchase, and are available for use for 36 months thereafter. All the organising is done directly with the experience provider, such as choosing the best time for their Slumber Safari – either Thursday or Sunday, or on extra days during school holidays!
Terms and Conditions
- Extra charge for bookings on Friday or Saturday nights.
- Minimum 2 adults or equivalent $700 spend
- Entry to the zoo is available from 9am and 'check in' is from 2:45pm with activities commencing at 3.20pm
- Activities on day 2 conclude at 11:30am
- This experience can be affected by inclement weather, animal welfare issues or insufficient bookings. In the unlikely event of extreme adverse weather conditions, you will be contacted and rescheduled by the experience provider.
- All participants must agree to follow the keeper's instructions.
- A paying adult must accompany children under 16 years old.
- 1adult:1children supervision is required for children under 8 years, 1adult:2child supervision is required for children between 8-15years old.