Cake Decorating for Beginners, WA
Learn to Decorate Cakes Like a Professional Baker
Run by an experienced teacher known for their passion and patience, this Beginner Cake Decorating experience is perfect for those interested in learning how to create beautiful cakes. Over 6.5 hours, students will learn the basics of commercial quality techniques, making this an ideal gift for those who may want to start their career in the field, or simply want a creative hobby they can be proud to show off.
Located just north of Perth, this cake decorating experience provides all necessary equipment, as well as an apron for students to take home at the end, along with their creations made in class! Students will become familiar with ready to use icing, also known as fondant or plastic icing, as well as Royal icing, when they learn professional techniques while decorating a two tier foam cake.
During this intimate and interactive class, focussed on individual learning, participants will gather the following skills to take away with them:
- Rolling icing
- Techniques to cover cakes with plastic and royal icings
- Using a crimper for stunning border decorations
- Making icing drapes to place around the cake
- The method of making paper piping bags, and piping filigrees of royal icing around the cake
- Using the piping bag to pipe large icing borders
- The art of making rose and leaf decorations
- Using the air brush to shade parts of the cake
Learning these professional skills and techniques to gorgeous cake decorating is an ideal gift for any occasion, for the local or the visitor to the region. All of our experience vouchers are available for 12 months from the date of purchase, and all information including how to redeem the voucher directly with the experience provider will be emailed to your inbox after checkout. Please note that this class is suitable for cake lovers aged 16 and above.