Cheese & Wine Tasting
Fort Denison, Sydney Harbour
This experience, in the middle of Sydney Harbour, is a short course showcasing the best of Australia's cheese making talents alongside award winning wines. Fort Denison, Sydney Harbour, the views, and an amazingly passionate cheese connoisseur make this a very memorable occasion.
Enjoy a glass of champagne on arrival with a few canapes, and take a moment to appreciate the location from a spectacular grassy vantage point. You'll then be escorted to the private dining room and seated around a fully laid table complete with amazing cheese, wine, and cheese accompaniments.
Spend the next two hours tasting and learning about flavours, styles and milk types such as goat, sheep, cow and buffalo. Hear about cheese making processes, and with some of Australia's best wines on hand, learn how to perfectly complement your cheese choices. Best of all you don't have to remember every single detail - tasting notes do the work for you!
Not many people know the rich history of cheese Sydney has, starring Bennelong Point as an original cattle offload point for the ships. How appropriate to experience the best of Australian produce from an amazing historical location. This is quintessential Sydney - epicurean, fascinating, beautiful!
On the day of your experience, we will meet you at 11.45am at Circular Quay to get the 12pm boat out to the Island.
This 2 hour experience includes;
- Transport to and from the island
- Australian sparkling wine on arrival
- 3 canap s
- 10 Australian farmhouse cheeses, with a special emphasis on NSW produce
- 3 Australian wines and a beer
- Tasting notes
- 2 hours with International Cheese Expert Claudia Bowman
At the end of the experience you will:
- Have experienced 10 exceptional Australian Farmhouse cheeses
- Be able to talk confidently about the different types and styles of cheese and the varieties experienced
- Have an understanding as to the background of cheese in general as well as specific to Australia and how our local dairy industry has progressed over 220 years
- Have a better understanding of your own personal preference to various cheeses
- Understand basic pairing principals between cheese and wine
- Enjoyed 4 premium, award winning Australian beverages as an accompaniment to the cheese; Sparkling on arrival with canapes, Bellwether wines, DeBortoli Botrytis Semilon and a family owned local beer.
- Return transport to and from the island by way of a Captain Cook Cruises Sydney Harbour Rocket Ferries with commentary.
- Have been entertained, indulged and inspired by International Cheese Expert Claudia Bowman s passion for and knowledge of all things cheese!
Gift Certificate: We will email the recipient a gift certificate for the experience on the date & time of your choice. Instructions on how to redeem the voucher will be included on the gift certificate. It's never been easier to give someone a unique and enjoyable gift, that they will remember for years to come!
Venue: This Fort Denison Australian Cheese & Wine Experience departs for Fort Denison from Circular Quay.
Session Length: These experiences are held regularly, usually on either a Saturday or Sunday. The total time you'll need is 2.5 hours including the ferry.
Terms & Conditions:
- Booking required in advance and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 24 hours applies; no-show voids voucher
- All Vouchers are emailed to the recipient. It is the customers responsibility to ensure the correct email address is supplied
- Vouchers are non-transferable
- Normal Gifts Australia Pty Ltd sales conditions apply
Everything But Flowers experience vouchers are redeemable directly with the experience provider with full details provided upon purchase. Recipients have 3 years to use the full value of the voucher.